About This Blog

You may be wondering why Athena is in the name. I don't believe in the Greek gods, but Athena has always intrigued me. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, inspiration, and arts (as well as several other subjects). I consider English (the reading and writing part specifically) to be made of wisdom and inspiration - as well as an art form. It's beautiful and constantly changing and growing.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Smaller Potatoes

Talking about news & music sites mostly.


Ok in terms of music:

I've been using Pandora for a time because it was something I could stream on my phone rather than listen to the radio. The problem I run across is sometimes during my Disney station, I get songs that are not Disney. While I may like the song, I don't want it on my Disney station. Or take my Country station, that's not the place for Rap music. Country mixed with Rap = Crap in my opinion. When I'm in a "country" mood, I just want Country. I also hate running out of skips, so when that happens I switch to a different station.

I looked into Spotify a bit, but I (being a broke college student in thousands of dollars of debt to be able to go to college) do not want to have to pay for not having ads nor do I want to have to pay to be able to use Spotify on multiple systems.

Someone in class (I'm pretty sure it was Laura), mentioned Grooveshark.com that sounded interesting and looks interesting. Definitely something that I will be trying, especially because it looks like I can stream it on my phone as well.

News and "news" sites:

We talked about Reddit, Digg, and news sites like CNN or FoxNews in class today. Reddit at first glance reminded me a lot of Imgur because of upvoting. I'll have to look at Digg a bit more in depth another time. But I think the main difference between Reddit & Digg vs. CNN & FoxNews is that the latter two are run by major news corporations.

Myspace:

I have never made an account on Myspace. I have heard about it for quite a few years but I only joined Facebook in the summer of 2010 after high school. I never really branched to other sites except for Twitter, Pinterest, and Imgur in the past year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment