About This Blog

You may be wondering why Athena is in the name. I don't believe in the Greek gods, but Athena has always intrigued me. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, inspiration, and arts (as well as several other subjects). I consider English (the reading and writing part specifically) to be made of wisdom and inspiration - as well as an art form. It's beautiful and constantly changing and growing.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cyberbulling - The Dark Side of the Internet

There are several stories that I've heard over the past year or so about cyber bullying - many of the victims in the stories ended up committing suicide. When you're a young teenager, and you have one or several people bullying you, you start to believe them. Even if it isn't rational, it's peer pressure.

The Lori Drew/Megan Meier story was another one of those stories. I just don't understand what makes people think it is okay to be so rude to people. It's despicable to me. This is one of the dark sides of the internet. People find it easier to talk to people online and therefore it makes it easier for someone to be a cyber bully and most likely get away with it because "physically" they aren't hurting anyone.

I found this video that I think everyone needs to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment