About This Blog

You may be wondering why Athena is in the name. I don't believe in the Greek gods, but Athena has always intrigued me. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, inspiration, and arts (as well as several other subjects). I consider English (the reading and writing part specifically) to be made of wisdom and inspiration - as well as an art form. It's beautiful and constantly changing and growing.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Twitter

I joined Twitter grudgingly at first. Everyone else was doing it so I was curious what was so interesting about it. Before this semester, I purely used Twitter to look at tweets that would make me laugh or interesting facts that I'm not sure are true or not (but the thing says "true facts" or something like that so they have to be true, right?). But this semester opened my eyes to using it for news as well. Not just weather but also for updates in teaching, English, New Media, Video gaming, etc.

Mostly my followers consist of people from my high school or people I've met during college. I follow the majority of them back (I think, don't quote me though). But I follow so much more than that. Besides the funny accounts, I follow a lot of my favorite musicians (unless they tweet almost every other second), members of the Packers, DSU & Deubrook Dolphins, tons of video game accounts as well as video game news. I am trying to go through and delete ones that I don't remember why I originally followed. My list is getting smaller but it's still pretty large.

When it comes to tweeting, I used to use Twitter to take either say stuff I can't on my Facebook because I have family members on my Facebook. Now it's to retweet something funny or lyrics I like. I think I'm going to try and change my view of Twitter and try to use it for something productive. Well, at least more productive than venting so my mother can't see.

My profile is just one of my Senior pictures, and my description is "Writer, reader, athlete, unique, individual". I do realize that I am in a sense labeling myself but those are what I identify myself with. It's not derogatory in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment