About This Blog

You may be wondering why Athena is in the name. I don't believe in the Greek gods, but Athena has always intrigued me. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, inspiration, and arts (as well as several other subjects). I consider English (the reading and writing part specifically) to be made of wisdom and inspiration - as well as an art form. It's beautiful and constantly changing and growing.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Summary of My Blog

On this blog, I have not been quite as faithful as to my first blog, One Crazy Kruse. The topics on this blog stick to what we discuss in class/what we are required to write on our blogs. I have technically 3 published posts, with 2 still in the draft section. They will be published by this weekend though. I haven't linked to anything from my blog posts on this blog, other than my fellow classmates' blogs. My template was a preset one, that I can tweak to change it to my liking. I so far have not had any comments on this blog and I haven't commented on anyone else's blog. The traffic mainly comes from other people's blogs who have links to my page. I don't have any widgets, but I'm now going to look into adding some. Here are some screenshots for this blog:




On my first blog, my topics range from what I'm working on with my writing to topics that I feel like talking about. On this blog, I so far have 13 posts on this blog. If you navigate to this blog, you will see my last post was titled "Love & High school"to which one person (my cousin) commented on the blog itself but I had several of my family members and friends comment on the link of the page I shared on my Facebook wall. My brother and my aunt even shared it with their friends :) I moderate the comments because I do not want spam or anything negative (specifically profanity) on my blog. I will take note of the criticism, but I do not have to allow it to be posted. The beauty of being in control of one's blog!!
I did have one negative response to that specific post. This girl, who is actually close to me, asked if it was about her. While I wanted to be a smarty-pants and say "If the shoe fits." I was hesitant to do say that, so I went with a diplomatic answer. I will be visiting with her this weekend to explain that is is relevant to all. While I had specific people in mind during certain parts, I will be telling her what parts she fits into. I don't as of right now have any links, I'm going to start adding my favorite links to it though. I feel that my blog is just a bit "blah" so links and widgets will be coming soon!
The traffic mostly comes from Facebook, and usually only if I repost a link to my blog sharing my latest posts. I have noticed that some must have bookmarked my page so that they can access it every now and then.
Here is the stats for that blog:



1 comment:

  1. My draft box is probably more content filled than my blog, so I know that feel.

    Having people from "real life" encounter some of my vocal ideals on a blog has been one of my fears. I'm not a slanderous writer per se, but even the best intended things can be read badly over this magical medium of the internet. I'm glad your experience with that was resolved easily and (hopefully) without much blood in the water.

    ReplyDelete